strayer CIS 499 Week 2 Project Deliverable 1: Project Plan Inception recent
To purchase this material click below link
For more classes visit
CIS 499 Week 2 Project Deliverable 1: Project Plan Inception recent
Project Deliverable 1: Project Plan Inception
Due Week 2 and worth 110 points
This assignment consists of two (2) sections: a project introduction and a project plan. You must submit both sections as separate files for the completion of this assignment. Label each file name according to the section of the assignment it is written for. Additionally, you may create and / or assume all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
The use of specific software has been suggested however equivalents such as OpenOffice, Dia, and Open Project are also permitted. If equivalent tools are used, files must be saved for grading using extensions that are readable by their equivalent Microsoft Windows edition. Assignment submissions that fail to follow this request may result in a reduced grade.
You are a recently appointed Chief Information Officer (CIO) of a $25 million dollar data collection and analysis company that has been operating less than two (2) years. It is expected to grow by 60% over the next eighteen (18) months. Your company currently collects data using Web analytics and combines it with operational systems data. Web analytics is an increasingly important part of most business marketing plans. Your company is looking for ways to leverage the collected data but wants to ensure that the information technology infrastructure will support the expected growth that the company is anticipating. The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) has given you sixty (60) days to deliver a comprehensive information systems project plan to address the organizational growth that the company is experiencing. The company will be expanding from one (1) floor to three (3) floors within six (6) months. Since this is a relatively recent company, there is currently limited technology infrastructure to support the business. All information technology (hardware and software) must be redesigned to meet organizational needs. The solution should be implemented in either a hosted solution, on-site solution, or a hybrid model. The CEO is expecting you to integrate different technologies from different partners and incorporate industry best practices and cost-effective solutions in connection with the development of technological systems. In addition, the CEO is extremely interested in cloud computing technologies and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) but is leery of security issues that may be associated. However, he is sure that you will implement proper security protocols. The company currently consists of twenty (20) employees of which four (4), including yourself, are dedicated to the IT organization.
Section 1: Project Introduction
1. Write a four to six (4-6) page project introduction that documents the current state of the organization, expands upon the information given above, and includes the following:
1. Background information of the company.
2. Details regarding the type of business that the company is engaged in.
3. A description of current outsourcing and offshoring activities.
4. Identification of current skilled information systems personnel in position and responsibilities.
5. The specific types of data that the company collects.
6. A description of the information systems that the company currently has to support the business. The description at a minimum should include the following:
1. Operational Systems and Databases
2. Analytics and Interfaces
• Infrastructure and Security
1. The use of at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Section 1 of your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
Section 2: Project Plan
Use Microsoft Project to:
1. Create a project plan (summary and detailed) using Microsoft Office Project. The project plan should:
1. Record all tasks, subtasks, resources, and time related to the project.
2. Outline the planning, analysis, design, and implementation phases.
3. Develop in accordance with the systems development life cycle (SDLC).
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Describe the various functions and activities within the information systems area, including the role of IT management and the CIO, structuring of IS management within an organization, and managing IS professionals within the firm.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in information systems.
• Write clearly and concisely about strategic issues and practices in the information systems domain using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.