ESE 645 Week 6 Final Project Lesson Plan Portfolio Recent
check this a+ tutorial guideline at
for more classes visit
Lesson Plan Portfolio [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5]. Due by Day 7. Throughout this course you have been developing your skills in the areas of instructional planning for students with mild to moderate disabilities. You have had the opportunity to design various types of lesson plans that are in direct alignment to the student’s individualized education program (IEP), which is an area of expertise that all special educators must obtain. Additionally, you have considered methods of differentiating instruction to meet the needs of all learners within a classroom setting. The purpose of this assignment is for you to culminate the learning achieved in this course through a real-world application of the content. This summative assessment supports your achievement of Course Learning Outcomes 1, 2, 3 4 and 5 and MASE Program Learning Outcomes 1, 2, 3, 4,5, and 6.
In each of the previous weeks, you have received explicit feedback from your peers and your instructor pertaining to each of your lesson designs. As an educator, you will find that each time you present a lesson, you will have the chance to adjust it to the needs of your students as well as your own teaching style and preference. Often educators are required to submit their lesson plans to their principal or other site administrator for review often receiving input or suggestions just as you have in this class. Bridging this real life experience with the theories of instruction in the virtual course environment, this assignment mirrors a career-building experience.
Using support from your assigned reading, the Instructor Guidance, and the discussions, and feedback received from both your peers and your instructor, submit the following for evaluation. This final assignment builds from all prior course assessments thus far. Use the below guidelines for creating your written assignment. If you have
questions about the assignment or the rubric, please contact your instructor using the “Ask Your Instructor” discussion before the due date.
Submit each of the following for evaluation highlighting the sections that have been edited based on feedback from your instructor and peers:
• • CCSS (2.5 points): Revised Week One Assignment Lesson Plan which included accommodations and/or modifications that align with two or more Common Core State Standards. Be sure to highlight and apply any feedback from Week Four Discussion One.
• • Bianca’s IEP (2.5 points): Revised Week Two Assignment Lesson Plan which were to include specific accommodations and/or modifications in accordance with Bianca’s IEP. Be sure to highlight and apply any feedback from Week Five Discussion One.
• • Bianca’s Self-determination Skills (2.5 points): Revised Week Three Assignment Lesson Plan which incorporated evidence-based strategies for teaching Bianca self-determination skills with goals aligned to her current performance level and identified areas of need. Be sure to highlight and apply any feedback from Week Five Discussion One.
• • Journal (2.5 points): Revised Week Four Journal. Provide any reflections you may have in these final weeks of the course in regards to the incorporation of self-determination skills in one page. Think about how self-determination skills could be used in the regular classroom to support all students’ learning in addition to those with disabilities. Be sure to highlight and apply any feedback provided by your instructor.
• • Classroom Choice (3 points): Revised Week Five Assignment Lesson Plans which incorporated differentiated instructional strategies, CCSS, IEP goals, effective assessment practices, and evidence- based strategies for promoting self-determination skills for Bianca in your choice of either Mr. Franklin or Mrs. Mills’ classroom.
o • Inspiration (2.5 points): For each revised lesson plan, write a one-page justification for revisions that includes specific information about what inspired you to make the revisions (e.g., specific feedback received).
o • Reflection (2.5 points): Reflecting on your revised lesson plans, include a one page written summary explaining which learning theories from Chapter 7 in the course textbook you think are shaping your lesson plans most and how you can more purposefully use the learning theories to inform future lesson plan designs.